Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Holiday Fun

I hope everyone enjoyed the holiday weekend. I know our family had a great time. We had a family barbecue with our friends and family. Memorial Day is probably one of my favorite holidays, it is one of those holidays where you don't have all the pressure of getting gifts, the family comes together to kick off summer and have fun. Summer barbeques are what memories are made of, they are some of my fondest memories growing up. Most of us remember those fun times we had at the family barbeques playing with our cousins growing up.

I always try and make it extra fun for the kids, so they have a great time. We got them poppers, sparklers, sidewalk chalk and glow in the dark necklaces, so they wouldn't get bored. I enjoy watching them playing and having fun together. It was actually amusing to watch them all running down the sidewalk on bikes, scooters, and skate boards together. My husband said "It looks like the Fat Albert Gang." I think they were louder than the adults, especially when we got the fire pit going to roast marshmallows. But that's what it's all about, having fun together. Lets not forget the real reason that brings us all together for Memorial Day, remembering the our countries, vets.

1 comment: