Friday, February 11, 2011

Love Quotes




I am a hopeless romantic, it was so hard to just pick ten, but here is my Top Ten Love Quotes.

1. Love is a temporary madness. It erupts like an earthquake and then subsides. And when it subsides you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have become so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is. Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the promulgation of promises of eternal passion. That is just being "in love" which any of us can convince ourselves we are.
Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident. Your mother and I had it, we had roots that grew towards each other underground, and when all the pretty blossom had fallen from our branches we found that we were one tree and not two.
- Captain Corelli's Mandolin6. "Love is the beauty of the soul."
--St. Augustine

2. "Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies."
--Aristotle

3. "In my wildest dreams, you always play the hero. In my darkest hour of night, you rescue me, you save my life."
--Bliss and Cerney

4. "I love thee to the depth and breadth and height my soul can reach..."
--Elizabeth Barrett Browning

5. "I love you, not only for what you are, But for what I am when I am with you."
--Roy Croft

6. "Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own."
--Robert Heinlein

7.  "Two souls with but a single thought, two hearts that beat as one."
--John Keats

8.  "... See there's this place in me where your fingerprints still rest, your kisses still linger, and your whispers softly echo. It's the place where a part of you will forever be a part of me."
--Gretchen Kemp

9. "Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction."
--Antoine de Saint-Exupery

10. "The most wonderful of all things in life is the discovery of another human being with whom one's relationship has a growing depth, beauty and joy as the years increase. This inner progressiveness of love between two human beings is a most marvelous thing; it cannot be found by looking for it or by passionately wishing for it. It is a sort of divine accident, and the most wonderful of all things in life."
--Sir Hugh Walpole

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for coming to the Valentine Link Up Party on my site "Wedded Mommy Bliss". I love your quotes! I might have to use some of them for my hubby! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5. "I love you, not only for what you are, But for what I am when I am with you."
    --Roy Croft

    I love this one!

    Mary/SweepingMe

    ReplyDelete