Thursday, January 12, 2012

Who Would Have Thought



Who would have thought a person could accumulate so much stuff hidden away in closets and on shelves? I have been in my house 13 years and I have been cleaning out all the closets and shelves in every room. My Wordless Wednesday turned into a disappearing act on Thursday, because I have been so busy clearing out and getting rid of all the stuff that is just wasting space. I haven't even gotten to every room yet and I have managed to fill up seven big contractors garbage bags full of unwanted clothing, shoes, coats, blankets, papers and so on. I didn't even know I had that much unnecessary stuff filling my closets and shelves. If you walk into my house it looks fairly organized and neat. So, I never imagined having so much stuff to get rid of.

The funny thing about it, I have never been one of those people to clutter things up with a bunch miscellaneous items. But, as you dig through those boxes and reach up onto those shelves your find old Halloween costumes the kids have grown out of, stacks of unused wrapping paper and bows, old papers you were afraid to let go of that never came into use and so many other things that I forgot that I even had.  So far I have finished the living room, my sons room, my daughters room, the storage room, kitchen and laundry room. I have yet to start my room and the downstairs family room. I am procrastinating on doing my room, because it just seems so overwhelming when I look up at the shelves I can't reach in the closets. But, that has become one of my New Years challenges is to clean out everything that is not needed and rid of any unnecessary clutter as we are preparing to move to another home.

No comments:

Post a Comment