Monday, January 2, 2012

My New Year's Hope

Well, 2012 is finally here. The year the world is supposed come to an end according Nostradamus. We had a nice little celebration at home this year celebrating with my family and friends. The kids had a great time drinking the sparkling white grape juice and blowing the horns. The way they were blowing their horns, you would have thought there were twenty people in the room. But that is the fun part,  knowing your making memories for your children that will last a lifetime. They had so much fun, they didn't want to seem to let the night go. They enjoyed playing with our friends kids so much they didn't want to go to bed at 5:00 am.

With all the fun, I'm still having trouble getting excited about the new year. I guess I never really did get the hype about a new year, it's just another year to me. That's probably why I never make a New Year's resolution that I know I will most likely break.

Instead of making a resolution, I am just hoping things will start to turn around for the United States and hope the economy will improve, people will start going back to work to something other than low paying jobs and people will stop losing their homes. I am just hoping 2012 will be better than 2011 for a lot people and our faith in our government to make the United States a better place to live will be restored.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment