Wednesday, March 9, 2011

NPR Executive Stung




Be careful of what you say, because you never know who is recording you. But, I'm not sure if I completely disagree with him. In 2008, the Tea Party has a law suit filed against them for voter intimidation in the minority precincts in Texas. First assistant Harris County attorney Terry O’Rourke describes them:

The complaints, he said, came from Kashmere Gardens, Moody Park, Sunnyside and other predominantly minority neighborhoods. The complaints included poll watchers “hovering over” voters, “getting into election workers’ faces” and blocking or disrupting lines of voters waiting to cast their ballots.

“Keep in mind these are allegations of voter intimidation,” O’Rourke said. “It’s sometimes in the eye of the beholder.”

It makes me wonder if O'Rourke is a Tea Party supporter.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting, I hadn't seen this.Please accept my gratitude for being a follower of Katherine's Gifts. I recently merged my blog and my website and I invite you to join me at Gifts By Katherine.com I would be honored to have you there too. Hugs! Katherine

    ReplyDelete