Saturday, May 26, 2012

From the Mouths of Babes

Yesterday was the strangest afternoon, which just kept going until the evening. It was full of arguing, laughing and crying. It started in the afternoon when my two youngest got into a really big argument screaming at each other. To be honest with you, I never did figure out what is was about. Then we my oldest told my youngest who is 11, she had PMS, Sammy said "No, I don't", Amanda asked her "Do you even know what that means?". Sammy said yes, I don't have PMS, because that is when you always mad at men and I am not always mad at men, just Adam.

Sammy said she was in a bad mood, because some girl at school is mean to her, because she doesn't like Sammy's friend. I told her, she was just jealous of how pretty and smart she was that's why she was teasing her. She wishes she was more like her and Amanda told her the same and Sammy started raising her voice at Amanda and she put her hand in front of Sammy's mouth and told her be quiet for a moment so she could talk to her. Sammy told her to move her hand or she was going to bite it. I don't encourage that kind of behavior, but with it being a strange afternoon, I started laughing hard and I tried to cover my face and hide the laughter, but I couldn't hold in the laughter anymore. I broke out in laughter so hard I was crying and laughing at the same time. We were both heart broken and were crying, because Sammy was crying over this girl giving her a hard time, we just burst into laughter when she said she was going to bite her hand.

When my husband came home, he looked like he just walked into the twilight zone and was confused. Here all three of us were sitting in the living room teary eyed and then burst into laughter. Well, it made Sammy feel better to have a good hard laugh.


No comments:

Post a Comment