Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Power Outage

Well, the posts are lacking again. Except for this time it's not due to my laziness to get on here and write. Rather, it's due to a major power outage here in southeastern Michigan. Our house only has partial power. How strange is that one? We only have power on one wall in our house due to a fuse that has blown underground. I needed to get online to do a few things, so I had to run an extension cord to use my computer for a brief period. We have not had power since Monday afternoon. DTE was saying our power would be back up by 11:30 p.m. Monday night, but it hasn't happened yet. Now, when I called DTE again this morning they don't have a date or time the power will be back up.
A bad storm hit Monday afternoon knocking down power lines and blowing underground fuses causing 50,000 customers to be without power. I guess, I can consider myself one of the lucky ones. I have partial power where as some people have no power what so ever. I wasn't feeling so lucky last night laying there in bed when it was still 83 degrees at 11 pm and no central air.
I am trying to respond to comments on my phone, but there is only so much I can do on my phone and blogger doesn't always want to work on my phone.
There is one positive aspect to the power outage. My house is cleaner, because I get bored and start cleaning more. I find myself sitting there and I'm spotting things that could use a scrub down, because I have nothing better to do with my time. A little light when on in my head yesterday, I suddenly figured out why it seems like my house used to be cleaner years ago. It's because I didn't have a computer in my home. My house isn't dirty. But, it takes me longer to do my spring cleaning every year. Yesterday, I found myself moving furniture to clean under them and washing walls and baseboards.
Thank God, the kids are in North Carolina visiting my parents, because they would be driving me crazy this week with "I'm bored, there's nothing for me to do."

No comments:

Post a Comment