Saturday, September 3, 2011

My Online Store Coming Soon!

The past week I having been working on opening my own web store for lingerie and club wear. It is amazing how little it costs to open your own online web store. With a little bit of money, a whole lot of dedication and some knowledge of web design you can have your own business up and running in no time.

I have spent the past year researching opening my own online business. I just didn't have the guts to do it until now, because I didn't think I would be able to afford opening my own online business. I found an online drop shipper for my merchandise that has no drop ship fees and has great pricing. Once you find a drop shipper everything else falls into place. When looking for a drop shipper, look for a company that has no drop ship fees and carries most of the products your looking to sell. If you use too many drop shippers for your site, it will add to the confusion and may turn out to be costly in the end.  I would be a little cautious in looking for a drop shipper. There are a lot of companies out there who charge fees for their service, which will eat up your profit margin. I found a company called WMS Clothing, that does exactly as they say. My oldest daughter ordered a dress off of the site under my account, the item is exactly as shown, she received the item in three days packaged nicely with my business name on the box and the dress came in the box on a hanger in plastic. I am happy to say, I was pleased with how quickly it was shipped and the packaging.

I am excited about launching the site, which should be up soon. I was surprised at how easy doing everything online was. I owned a convenient store in the past, online businesses is much easier and more affordable than opening a store. I walked away from the store, giving it to my ex-husband in the separation, I didn't realize how much I missed owning my own business. There is a totally different dedication  to your own business than, if you were to be working for someone else.

Opening your own online business requires hours of dedication, which I gladly devote anywhere from ten or more hours a day to setting up my web store. You have to treat it like a full time job, it is not something to be taken lightly. People depend on your dedication to deliver the products you promise in a timely manner. Your integrity and dedication will determine your success.



2 comments: