Saturday, October 8, 2011

Bogus Parking Ticket

I got a bogus parking ticket in Dearborn yesterday. I parked in a parking lot that was meters. I got there at 12:15, and there was 53 minutes in the meter when I went in. When I come out it had hit 0 and the expired flag hadn't even popped up yet and there was a ticket on my car. The time on the ticket said 12:39. There would have still would have been 14 minutes left on the meter at the time the officer issued the ticket. I think they just assume you will not put enough money in the meter and issue tickets if your close to your time when they are driving through the lot. You would think West Dearborn gets enough money off of parking, considering that one section of Dearborn has parking meters or paid parking lots everywhere you go, even the streets have meters on them. They don't need to give people bogus parking tickets. That just really burns me up. Considering the meter said 0 when I came out there wasn't anything I could do about it. I was so tempted to write under the comment section that the citation was a bogus citation, I still had time on the meter the time the officer wrote the ticket. If it happens again and I come out with time on the meter, I swear I will take a picture of the parking meter with the time and the citation close enough to show the time on the citation and drive it directly to their office.

No comments:

Post a Comment