Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Off To The Grocery Store




I am off to the grocery store to see what good deals I can come home with. I absolutely hate doing the grocery shopping by myself. I think I have gotten a little spoiled always having someone to go with me.

The worst part about it is you have to lug all the groceries into the house and put them away. We go grocery shopping for two weeks, because it seems like we spend less money when we go once every two weeks. That and I absolutely hate grocery shopping. I hate spending so much money on food. But, it's a necessity and the grocery stores know that, so they keep raising the prices, making it harder and harder for families to buy food. If I didn't use coupons, I don't know what we would do. Our bill would be crazy. Even with the coupons, we are hit pretty hard after a trip to the grocery store.

They wonder why so many children don't eat as well as they should be. It's mainly because it is so expensive to buy fresh fruits and vegetables. I would love to be able to buy more fresh fruits and vegetables. The stores just make it so expensive, that and schools are feeding them junk food during the day. So, when they come home they don't want to eat healthy food. My son is in middle school and he informed me yesterday, he has a choice of eating the schools daily lunch, hamburgers, pizza or tacos everyday. If you give them a choice of course they are going to go for the hamburgers, pizza or tacos. Which is irritating as a parent, because I am trying so hard to get him to eat other foods and he fights me all the way.

Then when you go to the grocery store, two days later the kids say' "I can't find anything to eat", even when the refrigerator and cabinets are full of food.

No comments:

Post a Comment